Setting up port 27015 and firewall

Information platform for network games
Jerome
Site Admin

Setting up port 27015 and firewall

Post by Jerome » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:10 am

To play online multiplayer games safely, you need to set up your connection properly.

If your connection test is successful, everything should be all right, though it the opposite is not correct, you could have a negative connection test BUT still be able to play.

The first thing is the firewall, when you test the connection the first time, the firewall should open up and ask you if the program should be allowed to go through the firewall. Answer yes, this should now be set for good and the firewall should not bother any more.

Then the port 27015:
You need to go inside the settings of your router and then inside the "Port Settings" section. There, set port 27015 to be redirected to your computer, so that all incoming connections through this port go directly to your PC, and not to another one on your local network / wifi.
This is different for every router, so there is no easy tutorial for this.

Use this topic to help / be helped on this! :wink:

Jerome

paandco2004

Post by paandco2004 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:13 pm

my adsl modem is this: Alice Gate VoIP 2 Plus Wi-Fi.
When I go into the network section and do the test of the door, told me that the test failed and then I can never find the server created for other users
Please help me :(

Fux

Keine Verbindung möglich über Internet

Post by Fux » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:00 pm

Kann mich nicht mit dem Internet verbinden - obwohl ich die Firewall zugelassen habe und auch den Port in meiner FritzBox freigegeben habe.

Woran liegt das?