Router troubleshooting

Information platform for network games
30knotwind

Router troubleshooting

Post by 30knotwind » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:59 pm

I cannot get my router to work with the game, WS 2007. I have tried forwarding the IP, deactivating the firewall, etc. but nothing works yet. The router is a Linksys, model WRT54G. I can get the server to work when I use the modem without the router.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

30knotwind

Post by 30knotwind » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:40 am

These are the instructions from the manufacturer, but I'm not getting it to work.
http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust541/Pr ... Router.htm

Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:50 pm

You seem to have the right instructions, everything is in it!

How do you test it? It would be wrong to try to test it using a computer inside your LAN, and you should also not have both the game and the detector running.
If you want, you can set a "test meeting" this week-end, and I will be there to try to join to your server.

Hope you will get it to work! :?

Jerome :wink:

30knotwind

Post by 30knotwind » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:19 pm

Thanks Jerome. I hope so too. I will keep trying. The next thing I need to do is talk to a real person at Linksys, but that may take awhile to get through to them. :(

I have not been able to get the "Successful" message when testing it in network mode; it does not allow me to get to the host screen when I try to host a game on the internet; on your website I have entered all the IPs at the same time, cable modem, router, computer, but does not allow me to host. The detector tells me I am active when I enter my computer's router IP on your site and use my intranet, but not when I try to use the internet (I am running them at the same time, but seems like it should work if it works with my intranet).

I will not be here this weekend--hopefully I will be windsurfing :D on a REAL board, no offense ment to your game--but we can try again next week.

Thanks,
Chris 8)

30knotwind

Post by 30knotwind » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:56 pm

What is the "name" of the game submitted to my computer when users try to access my computer through my router?

I cannot fit "windsurfing 2007" into the entry box provided on my router configuration screen; does it have to be exactly correct?

Chris

Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:59 am

Hi Chris,

no it doesn't, this name is just meant to help you knowing what this settings refers to.

Jerome :wink: